when I was 16 weeks pregnant theultrasound revealed we were having a boy. has anybody else ever found out this early?

With my daughter it took 5 mos to find out the sex so I am just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No it's taken 5 months with all my pregnancies. However Congrats on your bouncing baby boy!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I found out with my oldest son at 16 weeks.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would not trust it until you have a second u/s. My midwife said that most of the time in cases of mistaken gender, that the u/s was preformed before 18 weeks.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I know people who swear up and down their tech told them the gender at 14 weeks, but I wouldn't trust anything before 18 myself. I had my son's gender u/s done at 19 weeks. That said though, I might believe them more since they said boy. It's easier to see and confirm a penis than a lack of a penis.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 8:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• lol... that should say performed...not preformed...lol
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• one of my besties was told she was havin a girl at 16 weeks.....i told her to keep makin sure it doesnt grow a penis lol
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 8:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was told at 17 weeks that one of my twins for sure was a boy, then we moved and had a new doc and all that. The next ultrasound at 20 weeks I think was BOTH GIRLS, the new tech said that a lot of times the umbilical cord can be mistaken as a boy part if it is seen between the legs.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes! i am high risk i get an us every four weeks i got one at 15 wks and one day and its a girl and still is lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• With all of my pregnancies I found out at 14 wks and it was correct every time. But most of my friends found out at 18 to 20 wks. I guess it differs for everyone.
    pcosmom2

Answer by pcosmom2 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2010