when did u give your little one a sippy cup...

my lil one just turned 1 and ive been giving him a cup.. he doesnt like it but i know if i keep giving it to him we will take it and out goes the bottle....

Patientchild3

Asked by Patientchild3 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 13 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• 11 months
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I started giving my kids sippy cups at around 6 months, mainly for practice with a little water. They were able to use them well by around 9-10 months, but I didn't stop breastfeeding until they were a year.

Answer by missanc at 8:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Around 5-6 months so he could get used to it. We got rid of the bottle at 1.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i did to desertrose752 he still seems to want his bottle and OMG he drinks so much he has plenty of fluids in him for sure...
    Patientchild3

Comment by Patientchild3 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I gave her 1 at 9 months occasionally to "try out' She just got it this month (11months) after spending the day with my mom
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 8:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i started at six months with juice, i also got him the ones with the holders so he could easily grasp it and learn to put it to his mouth.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My dd was introduced to it at about 4 months because she refused bottles, she'll take one once in a while now at 7 months.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sippys are no bettter than bottles and can also affect tooth development. A cup with a straw is better. Better for the mouth, jaw, and teeth and easier to use as you do not need to tip it to get a drink.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We started at 5-6 months with each of our kids. Whenever they started eating baby food. All 4 of them were drinking out of cups on their own by the time they were 7-9 months old. Actually my older son figured it out before he turned 6 months. They also all knew how to drink out of straws by 7 months.
    When they turned 1 we tossed the bottles (or as soon as the formula ran out). We never put anything but formula in the bottles and only milk, juice or water in the cups. Mostly water. My kids get juice as a rare treat and milk is only for cereal and cooking.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010