My 2 year old is out of control!!!!

My son will be two in less than a month. and he is out of control. he is always throwing things, and screaming at the top of his lungs, when i tell him no, or tell him to do something, he runs, or throws himself down and kicks and screams for about 20minutes. and when i try to take something from him,he runs with it, or hits me, and once i do get it and put it away, he goes right back and gets it 10 more times. he wont play with any of his toys, all he does is take them out, and throw them on the floor, and he is constantly into everything, and he never sits down!he doesnt listen to anything i say like if i tell him to come here, or to pick something up.and i deal with this constantly from 7am till about 11pm, i despretly need help!!!

YoungMama11106

Asked by YoungMama11106 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aww, I'm sorry! BEAT THAT ASS!! Try that a couple of times and give him something to cry about.. See if that helps.. Good luck to you!!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• lol, thats funny, i always say to him, "DO YOU WANT ME TO BUST THAT ASS?" i do, i bust his butt, smack his hands and everything, nothing works :(
    YoungMama11106

Answer by YoungMama11106 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree. There is a difference between whippings & beatings, and abuse. TEAR THAT ASS UP! He has to know he isnt the boss. YOU ARE HIS MOM, NOT HIS FRIEND. It's ok to give him some head way to romp. But on YOUR time. He knows he can defy you without consequence. I'm sorry but put some leather in his life.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• YOU are exhausted. Been there too. Mine randomly dragged out all the toys, then played with everything in house that wasn't a toy including the garbage cans! This may or may not work for you, but I got some cheap small boxes and sorted the toys into small groups and put all in the closet. He got one box each day and he had to play with what was in the box and pick it up at bedtime. I was at the point of pulling my hair out. I made a schedule that had me putting him to bed an hour earlier each night and sitting outside his bedroom door quietly until he went to sleep. If he got up, I never said anything, just picked him up and put him back in bed. It took a week, but it worked. I din't realize how frazzled I was tunil I was finally able to enjoy time with my sons instead of crying.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 11:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i agree with everyone. you beat a dog you spank a child, but at 2 1/2 welcome to the proper introduction of the terrible twos. he may be the child that time out doens't work for, or the child that a spanking doesn't work for. it all depends on him, but i believe at that age they are at the point of being taught what punishment is. the worse thing in the world for my son isn't getting spanked or yelled at, it's isolation from playing and taking his toys away. we completely blocked off his closet when he got introuble at school (he'll be 4 in december) and OMFGz!!!!! he hasn't messed up sinceand that was a month ago!!! he will tell you about yourself now and why you shouldn't act up!!! you have to figure out what's the best discipline for your son it's takes some trials i tell you but when you get it, ti's smooth sailing from there.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You have to be consistent w/ him! You can't let him get away with it this time and next time want to whip him for it!! Ya know? He will soon learn what he can do and can't do.. And I'm not talking about BEATING him.. I've raised my kids to know who the boss is and they know.. My son will be 19 on Saturday. He knows I DEMAND respect. My daughter, 15yrs old well I will still smack her when she needs it.. You have to teach them at that age(2yrs) or they will NEVER get it..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• alwaysathomemom.

omg! i am deffinatly going out right now to get me some new boxes!!! because i am sooo tired of picking up toy!!! thank you so much!

&&
    Zarviemom19

yupp, i think its time to bust out my belt!
    YoungMama11106

Answer by YoungMama11106 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• And just so everyone knows, i do NOT beat my kid, i will bust his butt. but i never get out of control. and maybe i should have added that i am consistant with my rules on what he can and cant do/have.
    YoungMama11106

Answer by YoungMama11106 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• U also have to let him know what he's done wrong
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• This is what I do when my 3 1/2yr. old daughter throws a temper tantrum-I put her in her room and close the door-and I don't let her out until she has calmed down and quiet...... IT has WORKED wonders for her!!! She doesn't throw as many tantrums anymore!! But, w/my 2 1/2yr. old son, I really need a padded room w/out anything in it-or he will climb up on it and jump(he does this w/his dressers), or flip the matteress off his bed! But, I should impliment this w/him as well, your son sounds a lot like mine! Maybe putting him in time out like I do w/my daughter will help him?? And he can kick, scream, and throw his tantrum away from others in a safe place and when he is calm can rejoin everyone!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008