Tea Partier's Warning-Filled Guide to D.C.

On scary African people: "DC's population includes refugees from every country, as the families of embassy staffs of third world countries tend to stay in DC whenever a revolution in their homeland means that anyone in their family would be in danger if they went back. Most taxi drivers and many waiters/waitresses (especially in local coffee shops like the Bread and Chocolate chain) are immigrants, frequently from east Africa or Arab countries. As a rule, African immigrants do not like for you to assume they are African Americans and especially do not like for you to guess they are from a neighboring country (e.g. Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia) with whom they may have political or military tensions."

Thoughts

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://paintmainered.ning.com/profiles/blogs/so-you-are-coming-to-the-828

I guess this Tea Party site DID print the guide and it looks authentic. Sorry. If you know how to copy and paste this link, it will show you what they say about DC. It has a few warnings.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I followed the link to their source, it doesn't even appear to be a legitimate tea party website. It looks like an instigator.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Lord, I hope they would know to at least call it a Field Guide and not a filled guide. I don't think this is legit. I will be in D. C. on 8/28 for the rally. I was there on 9/11/09, and I will be there 9/11/10. Everyone I saw took the metro. There was too many people to even try to take taxis. We also took coolers with sandwiches instead of going to restaurants. (At least most of us did.)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• mommom2000

a blog is different than an official organization. He's either a person who is intentionally trying to discredit the tea party movement, or he is a rare exception.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• OP ... then he is a rare exception. I receive updates from our tea party and nothing of this nature was sent out like this.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• LOL! Did the OP think this was a serious piece?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Clearly thats a joke.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It is a joke and you are doing nothing but spreading propaganda.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• mommom2000

Comment by mommom2000 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I hope that is a JOKE.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010