"What a Job"

Have you ever worked at a job that you felt like was the job from HELL...and think to yourself now "why did i ever waste my time working at that place...mines would have to be when a worked as a dish washer in a hotel....guess was rude...co-workers were lazy...and supervisor was loud and talk to you like a child...worst job ever!!!

TezMoM

Asked by TezMoM at 8:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• i worked at mcdonalds for 3 whole days once and it was like that, rude customers, asshole bosses, lazy co-workers. i couldnt help but think how much i was lowering myself to do this job and i couldnt handle it. it only took me a week to get a job as a cargiver which feels good, you are doing a needed sevice, and those you care for appreciate you. im glad i only stayed there for 3 days.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I cleaned a school for a while. I would not go back to cleaning children's toilets for anything.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I loved being a dishwasher, it was the best no brainer job ever, but then they decided I was too good and got bumped up to cook, when they decided that I was too good for that, I was offered a spot on the floor, but I didn't want to do that because it would make me miserable.. THEN I got a job working at a student loan debt collecting agency, oh boy did I HATE that! Great pay, but totally not worth all the bullshit!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• When I worked at an Andys.... OMG worst job ever, the manger was sleeping with the waitress & if you didn't sleep with him you didn't get on the clock. (not that you knew for sure... but I figured out thats why I wasn't put on a shift for almost two months because I turned down the little jerk. Thank god I had found out that he was screwing around with a 15 year old....) && for almost a month I couldn't get my paycheck cashed ANYwhere because there were never enough funds in their account. Finally when the loser had me opening to close for almost two weeks straight (I wasn't trained to open) I called to tell him I was on my way to turn in my shirts. =) Pay back was a B***H because he only had me & another girl to work those two weeks , every other waitress took off because it was prom weekend/end of school... =)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I waitressed at a family restaurant for many years and hated all of them. I stayed because of the flex schedule that worked around my children. Most of the time it wasn't the customers, it was crew and management.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My worst job was working for a furniture rental place. They offered me a promotion and made me move from one city to another saying I would get a "substantial" increase and when I got here they dropped my bonuses and added $2k to my annual salary, so I was worse off. Then i got no increases for the next 3 years while the district manager and other sales people took home $50k bonuses.

They made me work during the aftermath of the hurricane even though i had no electricity or water for my home AND I already had approved vacation. They built up paperwork to kick out older employees, I could keep going omg - oh and it was owned by no other than one of the richest peple in the world. Of course...
    song888

Answer by song888 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010