Side / tummy pain with Mono?

My 13 year old sister has mono. She started with symptoms about a week or two ago, but just got diagnosed through blood work today. She lives in Kansas, I'm in Oregon. She was out visiting for a week when her symptoms started. She also has pneumonia and a sinus infection. While she was here, before her fever started, she was complaining of side pain, but we thought she was sore from the batting cages. Now, she says it hurts too bad to lay down. I just got off the phone with her, and she's talking okay so I don't think it's an emergency or anything like that. She thought it was her kidneys, but now the pain is everywhere. Has that happened to anyone else? They live about 40 minutes away from the closest hospital / doctor, and it's a tiny hospital. I read that the spleen can become enlarged with mono, but I'm not sure that would cause wide spread pain like that.

Please someone help!

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Gosh, I don't know but I would call the doctor's office and see what they say. Or even call one of the ask a nurse hot lines. I would be worried about what it could be. Poor thing, I hope she is feeling well soon.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Oh yeah - my dad is at work right now, and my step-mom is out getting her meds. My dad works graveyard and said if she's not feeling better by tomorrow, she's going back to the doctor.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Mono can cause the spleen to become enlarged. What side is her pain on?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• motherofhope - she said it's everywhere. She said that it first felt like it was in her kidneys, but now it's everywhere. She said it's "all around and up and down".
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• dang so srry to hear that ill be prayin for her
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010