What am I doing wrong? Bejweler?!?

Ok, i have a bejweler, i ordered hotfix rhinestones to use with it like it said to. I am following the directions exactly, yet they wont stick to my t-shirt...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?! Please help, or bump please, i have an event to go to and need this done by then.

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• For starters, we are talking about the ones you affix with heat...correct? Make sure the fabric has been washed and washed WITHOUT fabric softener. I can't say that enough. Fabric Softener leaves a residue that will hinder the adhesion of anything. Make sure the temperature is hot enough for the jewels to stick. Let them cool before touching them. If you can get them to adhere, ALWAYS wash them on gentle insideout.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• all i can do is bump...good luck though
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sorry I have no clue.........bump.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Me either. Nothing on the internet to help you? Here's a bump. Hope you get answer.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yep, make sure you wash them and if you can throw about 1/4 cup of vinegar in the rinse to make sure the residue is removed from the clothes...don't worry, your clothes won't smell like vinegar when they dry! LOL... Also, make sure that little iron has time to heat up fully, it really takes a lot of heat to get those babies to stick!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thank you so much for your help! :) This is the first time ive tried to have a hobbie and now its falling through so im getting discouraged. :( hope someone has an answer.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Thank you. :)
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• WoodWitch-THANK YOU! We use tide for HE washers, my husband bought that stupid nasty smelling febreeze one... grrr...and we use target brand dryer sheets..if i re-washed, and dried, will this help my problem? And yes the kind you affix using heat. its like a small little iron basically. lol.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thank you soooooo much!!!! I will email you and let you know if your advice has worked or not!
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010