extra strength Tylenol while BFing

is it safe? im so sick of EVERYTHING saying to consult your dr before use if preg or BFing. and OF COURSE it seems that i never need any of these things until after office hours. i know tylenol is fine, and ibuprofen is fine...but im not sure if there is any difference in extra strength or if its still safe

Mom.Since07

Asked by Mom.Since07 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• do u have any milked saved in the freezer for just tonight? or you could pump enough for the next day or so so you could take it?
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• no i dont pump. i have a pump but i have a killer migraine and need relief now. so i wouldnt be able to pump enough for an entire day right now.
    Mom.Since07

Comment by Mom.Since07 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have been BFing our son for 9 months now. Extra Strenght tylenol is SAFE to take. Even the Tylenol brand cold products are safe to take while Bfing. Join the breastfeeding moms group on here, they have LOTS of info on what you can and can't do while bfing.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 9:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You'll be fine. If you can take it while preggers you can take it while BFing. Extra strength is the only thing I take because I get severe headaches. After I had my c section I continued to BF on morphine and then vicoprofin which is a combination of vicodin and ibprofin and everything was fine.
    Oktobre

Answer by Oktobre at 9:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yeah. they tell you to take it while pregnant for discomfort. a fetus is a hell of a lot more vulnerable than a fully developed baby. and they give tylenol to baby boys who get circumcised
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• it is safe...if you ever wonder about if anything is ok go to kellymom.com
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 9:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, you can take it while pregnant and while breastfeeding.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• why don't you ask your OB/Gyn for a list of approved medications you can take while BF'd so you don't have to worry after hours? Or call their after hours line and ask the nurse.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010