Anyone have kids with the same birth month?

Is it easier? Harder? Do you have 2 parties or 1? I might be pregnant and if so our kids will be 2 weeks apart.

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't but my MIL had my husband and BIL the same month, 2 years apart. They were almost born the same day.
    She said it was easier and they shared birthdays all the time. My husband said he hated sharing birthdays with his younger brother. She tried to convince me to have my babies the same month because she claims it's easier.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes. Two of our were born in March. When they were young, we celebrated them separately. Now, sometimes we celebrate them together. Depends on how busy everyone is and when we can all get together.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• LMAO

DD - November 1
    Me - November 25
    Sister - November 26
    DS - November 27

PLUS......Thanksgiving just happens to be anytime between the 23-29th of November too.

We do seperate parties. My son usually just gets presents on Thanksgiving, and we do a party for my daughter whenever we can squeeze it in
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was thinking if I am then I would give them each their own cake and invite family over on their actual birthday then have a party in between.
    MLM0503

Comment by MLM0503 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My boys were born in November. Oldest was on the 20th and the youngest was the 21st. I have given them a b-day party at the same time. With it being a day apart.......it's hard to try to seperate the birthdays. KWIM?
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 9:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• All three of mine do. June 10, 14, 25th. No, it was not planned that way!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My kids have b-days in different months but less than 2 weeks apart. We have 2 parties now and celebrate on their day.

My Sisters birthday's are just 4 days shy of being exactly 2 years apart (17th and 21st) They always had 1 party and then on their actually birthday my family celebrated their birthday with cake and special dinner. They LOVED it!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My son was born January 6 and my youngest daughter was born January 10. We used to combine their birthdays for a bigger party, and had a small party on their own actual birthdays. This time we are going to have 2 separate big parties. My son will be 7 and he's at the age where he don't want to share the party lol.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• don't feel bad..
    my daughter was born december 22nd.. an hour and a half after her cousin (my brother's son) was born across the hall way..
    so she has to share her b-day with her cousin (and pretty much christmas..)

And NOW... I'm 6 months pregnant and due december 15th.. so if this kid is a week late.. she'll be born on her sisters birthday..

these kids are soo screwed for their birthdays it's not funny.. we use easter as a sort of large gift giving holiday to try to make up for it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My youngest dd was born July 15
    My oldest daughter's birthday is August 30 and their dad's is on the 22nd. I often combine their parties so that I can do something for my hubby, otherwise his always gets downplayed because school also starts back around then and it's just terribly busy for 3 parties. I make all the cakes from scratch and the punch too.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010