my husband came back from over seas and doesnt want to be with me anymore

So my husband came back from afgh 2 weeks ago and everything seemed to be going great although we argued a little but anyways last thursday he came home from work and said that he didnt think we were going to work out and he took me our newborn son to my moms house and just droped us off. idk whats going on with him. i love him so much and he says that hes trying to find out some information on something and he would let me know if were going to be together or not. he wont even answer my texts or calls. im worried about him.. what could be going on?

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• PTSD

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• He might being going through PTSD and is having a hard time adjusting to the the "real" world. Stick by him for a bit and help him, maybe suggest counseling. Try and talk to him when you get a chance and ask all the questions you have for him. GL I hope things work out.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• First off, I want to say I am sorry.

Secondly, it may be PTSD, most people who have seen first hand what war can do get it.. He may just trying to push you away, so he doesn't hurt you more than just emotionally. Alot of my friends who have served in Afghan. have came home, and they're not the same men/women they were when they left. It may be that, or something else. Please, whatever you do, be strong. You have learned the hardway what being alone is about, and this is just another bump in the road.

Best to you.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• he just came home from a war-what ISNT going on with hi....My best advice is give him a l;ittle space, then ask if he thinks couples therapy would help, and use someone who specializes in ptsd...for you BOTH.
    Because while he was in a war zone, you were too, worrying, supporting and being there. I think he owes you that,a nd hope he says yes. give it a lil time honey and i am really sorry.(hugs) hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Give these people a call.  Military OneSource

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You are pretty much living my greatest fear. Keep trying to get in touch with him and get in to counseling, whether it's just him going solo or couples' counseling, he needs to go, but it sounds like there might be something else going on here. Waiting to find out some info on what? The answer to that question might be the key to all of this, so that would be what I would be trying to find out. I am so sorry this is happening to you. I just read my hubby your question, he just got back from Iraq himself and was diagnosed with PTSD after his first deployment, and he says that it doesn't sound like PTSD to him. He says it sounds like your husband may have been unfaithful, is this possible? I agree with my husband in that it sounds like it would be a good question to ask.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• musicmom is right. Those people are great! They helped me out when I needed it.They are there for both you and your hubby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i think that he may have been unfaithful. and i have asked him that and he kept telling that theres isnt another girl involved but its not like hes going to tell me the truth. im so worried and i dont want this to end at all. im trying everything and i keep sending him texts telling him that im always here for him and no matter what i will always love him
    amanda202010

Comment by amanda202010 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• & I asked him what the info was and he will not tell me.
    amanda202010

Comment by amanda202010 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i would say he may be stressed but maybe he has had stuff in the back of his mind while he has been gone. He may be thinking you were seeing someone else. I'm only saying that cuz i watched that movie brothers last night.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010