I am 35 weeks pregnant. I know you can take baths. but can you take a bath with bubbles? I really need to relax in the bath and relieve my aching back. thanks ladies.

mom2jared

Asked by mom2jared at 11:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ya i dont see any thing wrong with it go and relax dont worry just dont do it often
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 11:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• of course...
    mikells_mommi08

Answer by mikells_mommi08 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• the reason you cant take baths is because the water could be too hot and it might raise your temp. you should be fine as long as your water isnt above 102 degrees. when your temp raises above 102 it will be harder for your blood to carry oxygen to your baby. but im sure youll be fine. thats the only way i could relax when i was prego
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would suggest that you dont use bubbles only because your water could break and that could cause bacteria to get up inside. and with bubbles there, you might not really be able to tell if your water broke. although i dont see anything wrong with a nice warm bath and lighting some candles to relax you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

•   Bubbles are more of a visual and smell good kind of thing. Have you tried an Epsom salt bath, the salts relax your muscles. Just remember not to take your bath at extreme temperatures Keep temps  around 96 - 99 degrees which is around your body temperature as not to over heat also try just soaking for 20 min or less.

karenmarie1971

Answer by karenmarie1971 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I make warm bubble baths a weekly ritual in my house! I am 37 weeks and find that to be my best escape. I say get a goof book and go for it! I did the same with my first pregnancy and everything was just fine!
    Brooke1106

Answer by Brooke1106 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i honestly wouldn't use bubbles i had a tendency with two od my pregnancies to get yeast infections and that may not be a helpful thing getting bubble baths my daughter is 16 and my youngest daughter is 11 mos. and neither of them can get bubble baths
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I take baths.... and I don't care about the whole if the water is too hot. i'm use to pretty hot showers and baths and it's the only way I can get the muscles in my hips and legs to relax. Of course i make sure my belly is sticking out of the water though. lol :) But take a bath and relax it feels AMAZING
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008