divorced moms

Do you ever regret your divorce?

Who filed and why did you divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't regret the divorce. I was married at 19, baby at 21, divorced at 23. I would regret the marriage because I think I was wrong to ever marry my ex, but I can't really feel that way because I wouldn't have my beautiful son, so I just have to chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. I remarried at 26, this time for the right reasons, and have been happily married for 22 years.

I'm the one who filed for divorce. My ex was very jealous, he didn't want me to go to school, or do things with my friends, he was even jealous of time I spent with my mom. Things finally got out of control, I realized I'd never really been in love with him, and I filed for a divorce.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Never regret it. We are happier as friends. Our son is able to have parents and step parents that all get along and love him.
    He finally filed because neither of us wanted to pay for it. His mom finally gave him the money after we had been living apart for like 3 years.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I dont regret it and I filed the papers cuz he was abusive
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nope. My first husband filed in that marriage and I filed in my others. I finally wised up and stopped getting married!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Im filing in mine. He had been emotionally and mentally abusive and cheated on me multiple times. Long story. That and he has major anger issues.
    MaverickMama

Answer by MaverickMama at 1:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh no. I only wish I would have done it sooner. My ex kept threatening to divorce me, yet he never did. Finally I realized I was no longer in love with him and I was done. It took me years to come to that conclusion even though he lied & cheated. So, I was the one to file the papers and I am so very glad. Best decision I ever made, especially for my kids.
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no it made me find the right man for me but the first is one of my best friends we talk almost daily i know it sounds strange but it works,my current dh even goes hunting and they both come back
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 3:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• hell no. The day I filed was the best day of my life. I could not remember a time when I was happier. I was finally free. I filed for divorce because my ex beat me on a daily basis & damn near killed me several times. My only regret is that I wish I would have had the courage to leave months, even years before.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I filed for my own mental health-and I seriously mean that. I don't regret the divorce I just regret getting married to him when I knew I should not have and esp. getting knocked up whille we dated...if I could go back and change one thing in my life it would be this
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2010