Do you think this is tacky?

My mum is remarrying and I have decided to give them money as a wedding gift. I bought a nice card and wrote something to them. They didnt register and I dont want to get them something stupid like a blender or a cutesy home decoration. They dont like those things anyway. They both have very busy schedules so I dont want to restrict them with a gift card. They arent even taking a honeymoon because they dont have time! (they both work a lot and my mum is back in school for nursing)

I figured money would be the best because they can buy something they want/need or save it up for a trip when they have time.
What do you think?

BunintheOven1

Asked by BunintheOven1 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Who cant use money??? Its good everywhere LOL:) They can use it for things they need or the restaurant of their choice. It will prevent them from having to go back to the store and exchange whatever you got them for what they want. (which would be time consuming) I think money is a great idea!!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• normally i'd say it's tacky but in this case you seem to have thought of everything else and obviously nothing else will do so i'd say it's fine. if you feel that bad about it tho just tell them what you told us, that you didn't know what else to get!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I always think it is better to give money if you do not know what else to get. They say people buy gifts that they would like...it doesnt mean the recipient would like it. My FIL gives my MIL money for christmas/birthdays. Mostly because he is not thoughtful and should know his wife better after 21 years of marriage, but since he doesnt he was always getting her electronics....Stuff he likes. she has no interest in lol she would have to go exchange it. At least this way they get what they want.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think its a good idea. no one will say no to more money, not even millionares
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Money is always a nice gift! Who would not welcome money?
    Philyra

Answer by Philyra at 11:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think money is fine. It's a little more tasteful if you put it on one of those reloadable VISA cards. That's what I give out at christmas. It's like a giftcard you can spend anywhere!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• The Visa Gift Card is a good idea. And I'm sure she wouldn't mind, especially if it's your own mom.
    briezysmommy

Answer by briezysmommy at 12:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't think it's tacky at all! I think it's thoughful, (well all the thought you put into it) and it's a good idea, especially if they are so busy!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 12:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008