Do you think it's too soon???

I have been dating/living with my bf for almost four months (have only really "known" him for almost six months. My 15 month old daughter and his 16 year old son also lives with us. We make long term plans (like the fact that he's going to my BFF's wedding with me next year) or (after he retires were we are going to move). But the problem I am having is that I have felt the need to tell him "have a good day, I love you" or "I love you, good night". But I have held back every time I have this overwhelming need to tell him "I love you". I haven't even said it in a playful way. He has said it twice now in the sentence of "that's why I love you". What do you think?? I love him in a way I have never loved anyone else, and the only reason I can say that, is because I am afraid to rush our relationship more then we already have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you are crazy if you are living with a guy with your kid and his and you have yet to tell him you love him. Why would you include someone in your child's life like that if you are unable to tell him y ou love him?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would hope that if you are already living in a family environment that you love each other. So, there is nothing wrong with saying so. The kids need to see the love as well. That is how they learn. If you love each other - then say so.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just say it out if the blue and then you can say it with ease after then.gl
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Not if you do love him. Hell, you already live with him! I told my hubby 'I love you' just 13 days after we met.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and he just told me "I love you" for the first time a few nights ago. Some people arent all lovey dovey! Many of SO's exes were "I love you" obssessed and it lost its meaning so they ruined it for me. But he said it so I'm happy lol. He shows me he loves me and lets me know in so many ways, but it still felt nice to hear it. If you want to say it, but you dont want to "rush" things, you could always say "you know I love you so much!" or "you mean so much to me" which in my opinion is smlar to I Love you.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You must have some kind of feelings for him if you moved in with him. Obviously he does love you since he told you. Does he ask you why you don't tell him that? Don't force yourself though, you'll tell him you love him when you are ready.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• ok you are living together with your very impressionable children. i'm having a hard time with how that happened before you told each other you love each other (not judging, just trying to wrap my brain around it). anyway in the past when i am really feeling it, it just slips out...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2010