I really need to move on in my life

I have a way to survive on my own. My intent is to live outside the business loop in Houston where mortgage is cheap compared to elsewhere. I plan on moving in a few months. I live in a different state where we are hardest hit the the recession. I have been laid off since November, and been bumbling around looking for sustainable work. So far, I have been reduced to 16 hrs and then just 4hrs when I gave my 24/7, in small jobs after being laid off. Execs say it's all economics, and that they cannot garantee any hours. I've been sleeping in my car looking for work.
How can I get through to people around me that the best for me is to find work elsewhere, instead of these miserable parts? They keep telling me, noooo that I'm soo much part of the family. But I'm not getting any financial compensation from them. And yes, they want to leave too, but it's a sin for me too.

How do I get through? I need to go!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• May I ask how is it a sin to go? Sometimes, we have to do things for ourselves. Sometimes, those we expect to understand the most are the ones who fight us the hardest. If you know you have a better opportunity available, which can put you in a better position to care for yourself and family... then you should take it. I hope you can find support within your family but if not.... don't keep yourself in a bad situation to make them happy. Good luck in your decision.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Invite them over for a sleepover.
    Are you and your kids sleeping in the car? I'm sure you qualify for assistance, this would defiantly be the time to take it.
    chjack123

Answer by chjack123 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just go, if your family wanted you around so bad and didn't want you to leave then why are you sleeping in your car? If you can't find work then you need to go someplace where you can find work. Why not just tell your family you have no choice if you can't find work here then you have to go where there is work.

Good luck!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Why the HECK is this posted under Politics??
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just GO. You don't need anyone else's understanding or permission (that is, if you're a legal adult).

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Wrong category and hard to understand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2010