Is it normal to be more tired than normal in the third trimester?

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah! I dont sleep. I am a little over 36 weeks and all I do at night is think about the baby and the things we still need to do for her arrival. And they are stupid things too...like buy a new trashcan! I am so nesting! lol

The baby is growing like crazy during the third trimester. Your first and third are the most tiring. Take it easy now and try to save what ever energy you have for when baby is here.
    BunintheOven1

Answer by BunintheOven1 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i know im more tired and im 35 weeks but i cant sleep at night time
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• my third trimester was a nightmare. i wanted to sleep ALL the time, but too couldnt sleep at night, i couldnt fall asleep no matter how tired i was untill 3 in the morning, but yeah its normal. youll be getting even more tired and then getting energy bursts
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oh yeah...and don't figure on sleeping after the baby is born either.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it is,but if you feel like you really have to push yourself to walk to the bathroom or do anything--have your doctor check your iron. it could be low. my last 2 pregnancies i became anemic towards the end.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm pretty tired >.< I'm 29 weeks, just now into my third lol. I don't sleep well at night so I'm groggy all day.

Coffee helps me sometimes =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes, totally normal.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i sleep all morning and throughout the day but cant sleep at night. i thought i was just lazy but looks like its normal!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It's very normal! Your body has quite a load it's carrying around, and it needs its rest! I got the best sleep of my life during my third trimester (once I could get "comfortable"). I've never slept harder.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• if it's not then I'm screwed. lol i just wanna sleep all the time! :) I'm 34 weeks and I'm so tired. My doctor said it's fine though so i'm gonna say it's normal! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008