Not knowing this information could cost your child their life

What Birth Defect that one out of every 85 children born will have?
The answer is Congential Heart Defects.
It is easy to think that it won't happen to you. I used to think the same thing. Then my Daughter was born with a CHD. I had a short amount of time to educate myself on the roller coaster ride we had just been thrown onto.
I would suggest that each and every one of you educate yourselfs about CHD, signs, symptoms and detection.
Early detection is so important and contrary to popular belief, all Doctors do not know what they are doing. For FOUR years I told Doctors that something was wrong with my Daughter's heart and they told me she was fine. When I finally raised cane and got into a specialist she had to have Emergency Open Heart Surgery. Had it not been for my Mothers Instinct and my educating myself, she may have died.
Please take the time to learn more about CHD. 1 out of every 85 is a lot of kids

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Thanks for valuable info. I go to a group for parents with deceased children. I was shocked to learn of the many children who died from heart desease. It it more common that people realize, but a very informative post.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Thanks for the info and I bumped!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Oh lord
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thank you So much! BUMP!

and good luck with your child.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• how did you know?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Now a days, that is one of the tests that the state I am in right now checks for. Yes, it is common, and happens more than anything, but there is alot of things that are still left to be done about CHD's and making sure there isn't a misdiagnosis (yes that happens)..
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I hope that this will be informing to many.

I also hope that it will encourage you to get your Children checked for it.

Do you watch the news? There are many children who die on the Basketball Court, Football Field, etc from undetected CHD's. If your child is the most important thing to you then the best thing you can do for them is to have them checked for CHD.

Please Bump so the word gets out.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• What the heck! How about posting a link or some details or something? What about a list of symptoms? How about telling us what your experience was?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Your answer is very rude,thats why I downed you,maybe you should GOOGLE IT! hooting and hollering over the internet itst gonna get you wat you need...pshh
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010