How do you keep yourself on track?

Most days I barely make it past 10am before my motivation to do anything goes right out the door. I know that some of it is because I'm depressed, and I will be dealing with that when I have insurance again. I'm not super depressed (like I've been before) so I know I can get through most of this without needing meds.
I also know that a lot of my depression is caused by my house not being as clean as I'd like, and me not being the best mom I know I can be. It's a very vicious cycle it seems that I'm in.
Anyone ever felt like this? And how do you keep yourself on track each day? I'm thinking of sitting down at night before when I go to bed and writing out my schedule for the next day. Leave no time unaccounted for. Even if that means scheduling things like tv time or comp. time. I like lists and schedules and crossing things off of them, so I think it'll work if I can stay motivated.
Any other tips?

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I sometimes feel that way i worked full time and have a 2 yr old so i am busy but some days when im home it is hard not to just relax and watch tv and do nothing but i feel guilty cause of my kid and trying to keep her happy and entertained. so i think the list thing is good i too like lists and it does feel good when you cross things off
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The first thing I would suggest is get yourself & your household on a schedule. Sit down, write out all of your chores that you would like to accomplish, make a meal plan, & create a list of fun things that you would like to do with your kids (park, library, pool, baking cookies, etc) Try to finish at least half of your list.

Also, try exercising. It is a great way to help battle depression. I battled depression for years with modern medicine, & while it did help, I found that diet & exercise worked much better for me, maybe it will have the same effect for you.

Also, reward yourself. If you have cleaned your whole house before you expected to, give yourself a pedicure or something. Good luck.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Totally clean one room at time each day. Don't let it overwhelm you.

Get exercise and drink plenty of water.

xoxox
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010