If your child is sick and has a terrible cough...

do you think it is your responsibility to keep her home as to not get other children sick?

My fiance and I went out to eat tonight with our 1 year old. At the table next to us, a probably 6 year old little girl was CLEARLY very sick. Coughing like crazy and almost vomitting at the table. She just looked really ill. Her parents continued to eat and paid no attention. She also was not covering her mouth while she was coughing. I couldn't help but become furious. My child has now been exposed to whatever illness that girl is suffering from. At the least you think they would want to keep her home to get better!

And going out to dinner is not a situation were you have no choice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Absolutely! Sick children create more sick children. Keep them at home, especially in an environment where people have exposed food! Geez! If this ever happens again, ask to be moved to another table immediately. This should send a clear signal to the inconsiderate parents who refuse to keep their sick kids at home. I never take my child out in public or send her to school when she is sick. It is just plain irresponsible for parents to do so.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Every restaurant in the world offers take out now. You can pick up and eat what ever you want at home.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Ask to be moved then offer the inconsiderate parents some hand sanitizer and tissue, and tell the child you really hope she feels better and she should be at home taking a nap. That should send a clear message to the parents, LOL. I would never take my ill child out like that, not only is my child sick and could get sicker, i would be exposing numerous people to the virus. Everything that child touched would be contaminated. That is why hand sanitizer is good. If a person sneezes into their hand, that person, touches the back of their chair, then leave. The next family will touch that same chair and spread the viral love. Many of these viruses can live for days on inanimate objects. I would be furious too!

zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 11:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010