Ugg, ladies how do you get to sleep when you really need to but can't?

I'm really depressed because my dog was killed an hour ago, but I need to sleep because I start a new job tomorrow. What would you do in this situation?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hear you on the stores being 45 minutes away! I am in the same type of area, shopping is way to far away for running out and getting something...i would just say get some "JACK" and have a shot, that should do the trick.....I am also sorry to hear about your dog..that is alot to take in right now and no matter what you take over the counter these emotions you have will not be subdued my something weak, you need something good and strong, if not the "JACK" then maybe some NYquil...I do not support this type of thing on a daily basis but this is a special night to get some sleep. BTW...Good Luck tomorrow...and just tell people what happened and there will be understanding of your sleepiness in the morning
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Oh wow, I would not be able to sleep in your situation. I would look for pharmaceutical intervention of some sort. Sorry about your dog and good luck at work tomorrow.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Tylenol Pm
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• melatonin
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't suppose you have any Melatonin? If not you can try Tylenol PM or even Benedryl. Again, so sorry.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i use a self hypnotic technique, that is really perfect for your situation!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I dont have any sort of sleep aiding medicine, and the closest open store is 45mins away.
    Liz132

Comment by Liz132 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• ...and so sorry about your dog :(
    MommyH2

• i am sorry about your dog. in any situation when i cant sleep i tense up all of my muscles for about 10 seconds and then let go. Usually it relaxes all of my body and i fall asleep shortly after and if that doesnt work i basically do a meditation and imagine each body part falling asleep first my toes, then my feet, then my ankles etc... i have done that one so much that when i do it, it feels like my body starts getting tingly one body part at a time lol
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Happy 2 be mom 25, could you elaborate on that thing you use?
    Liz132

Comment by Liz132 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010