Do you believe in Natural Theology?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Never heard of it
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sorry, I don't know what it is.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• if your mean evolution or science, then yes.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Do you have a link that explains more of the core understanding of this theology. I believe in nature, and there is an order to nature.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yup!
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Natural Theology is regarding the Knowledge of God through the general revelation provided in nature. In other words, even nature witnesses to the existence of God.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• nope...least not for god the god of the bible...

Nature is my God, my bible.

The Great Greenman didn't need to write anything down (with or without the aide of humans)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• oh then no I don't believe in anything God-related. Sorry. I misunderstood.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• heres the definition i found, cause ive never heard of it before.
    "Traditionally, Natural Theology is the term used for the attempt to prove the existence of God and divine purpose through observation of nature and the use of human reason...Natural theology is the part of theology that does not depend on revelation...A more modern view of natural theology suggests that reason does not so much seek to supply a proof for the existence of God as to provide a coherent form drawn from the insights of religion to pull together the best of human knowledge from all areas of human activity. In this understanding natural theology attempts to relate science, history, morality, and the arts in an integrating vision of the place of humanity in the universe."

so going off that definition, i would use Natural Theologist to describe myself, but its doesnt really seem to be a belief. just a different way to believe.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The definition of theology is simply the study of God, and not so much a system of belief. Theology is part of a system, but is not the system itself.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010