When did you put your car seat in the car?

I am due in 3 weeks...should I put my car seat in my car now so its ready if I go early? I think I would feel kind of funny driving around with an empty car seat and no baby. :)

When did you put yours in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I installed the base when I was about 36 weeks but didn't put the car seat in until I left for the hospitol.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My baby came early so my MIL bought the car seat while I was in the hospital and we installed it the day we left.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It was ready to go about a month before I was due but we didn't actually put it in the car until I was ready to come home from the hospital. Since we didn't know which car we'd be taking there was no use putting it in! Plus we both already knew how to install it so it wasn't that difficult when the time came.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we put the base in the car when i was about 36 weeks, just incase. and we had the car seat sitting next to our bags by the door so we were sure not to forget it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• literally the day of the birth (base was in there for a week or so...) but I had a scheduled c-section...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I put it in when I was about 36 or 37 weeks... And now that I read the other responses, I should have just installed the base & put the carseat with our bags... But no, crazy me, I rode around with an empty carseat in my backseat! lol It just made me even more ready to get that baby here! So I'd suggest putting the base in now...

Congrats!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• 41 weeks - the day I went to the hospital.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Husband's job when he came to get us at the hospital. Who wants to wrestle with a car seat strap at 9 month pregnant.
    older_mom

Answer by older_mom at 12:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i did with my first when i got it at 8 months lol just so it was al ready
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we put it in right before we went to the hospital
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008