Christmas and birthday's comming up!

SO! We have little money and we're getting ready for a move, my hubby has no credit and no one will give him any! 2 birthdays in Nov, 1 in Dec, and my baby is to be born in Feb. I was wondering if someone had ideas on making things, or finding different ideas to help us out!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• Visit thrift stores. We have one nearby that is run by the nuns of a diocese and everything is very inecpensive and very clean. Books are free.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Visit your local library and check out some books on holiday craft ideas. I just got a really cute idea for making cards from a book I found at a library. Or maybe you can offer to bake the cake for the birthdays and give homemade cookies/candies for gifts at Christmas.
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 1:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Watch the end of season clearance sales, I agree with the baking, and I do a lot of sewing and crafting for gifts. It depends on the ages and sex of those you're giving to, but also keep in mind that most people understand a tight budget.

Some of the gifts I'm making this year:

Quilted Calendar holders (From Country Woman Magazine- they have pictures of this and other projects online as well)
    Pot holders
    pajamas
    Christmas Ornaments
    Quilts
    Homemade cookies and candies

Martha Stewart's website had some cute affordable gift ideas too!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• See if you qualify for the Angel Tree through the Salvation Army.
    Check out Thrift Stores.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010