What is the risk of miscarriage after hearing heart beat of 130bpm at 15 weeks?

I was just wondering if miscarriage ever happens after 15 weeks and also hearing heartbeat. I am now 18 weeks and just worried bc i havent started showing or feeling any fetal movements...

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 11:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There isn't really a guide to probability of miscarriage.
    To reassure you though it's quite common to not have felt them move at 18 weeks - especially with the first pregnancy.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i didn't feel movement til my third trimester cause of where the placenta was. 130 is a good strong heartbeat
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I didn't feel my son move until around the 20th week. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the doctors are monitoring you and you have no other symptoms, you should be fine. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sweetie... you are fine. :) Relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Its normal not to feel them then. I know alot of people that didnt. Most miscarriages happen in the first trimester. If you are scared you can always go buy a doppler or pop in your obs office and have them check the heart rate for you :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i didn't feel movements until almost the 22nd week (i think that's the last of the normal range). i still feel like the baby doesn't maybe move that much. there are different reasons to not feel them. talk to your ob about your concerns.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's not very common to have a miscarriage at 18 weeks, esp if you've heard the heartbeat.. but if you're worried ask your doctor or midwife to have a listen to the heartbeat just to put your mind at rest!
    a-mee

Answer by a-mee at 4:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Most miscarriages happen in the first trimester. After twelve weeks the chance drop significantly. If it's your first pregnancy you most likely won't show this soon. It also depends on your body frame/build. I barely showed up until the sixth/seventh month. Then wham I was huge. As for fetal movements they are rather hard to feel while you are up and moving around. Lay down on your left side and have a cool drink of water or juice. Again depending on your body type you may or may not feel anything this soon. if you are still concerned mention it to your OB/midwife/ whoever is helping with prenatal care and delivery.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Miscarriages can happen up until 23weeks, after 24 its classed as still birth BUT the risk of miscarriage drops greatly after the first trimester. Try not to panic and enjoy your pregnancy, I spent way too much time worrying with my first pregnancy and my son is now3 and fine :) Im currently trying not to worry my way through my 2nd pregnancy, now 22wks and again, all is fine .
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 10:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2010