Drunk grandma?

Would you let drunk grandma ruin tv time before lights out with "praying? "
The kids had already said prayers and she kept talking to them and had them pray more times and I kept to the school night scheduale and turned the tv off... I was trying to be nice but she was behind my back saying I'm grandma and I'm the boss.

DonnaPinitonya

Asked by DonnaPinitonya at 12:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• iam sorry that yur kids are sheing her like that. i would tell her to ge to bed and stay their.and talk to her when shes sober.they are your kids and need you more then they need grandma.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No I wouldn't have taken it because they're your children and you're the boss. Not her. You raise them in the way you want to.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I live with my parents again... I just realized that she took them to her room to sleep! I'm hurt and upset and can't wait to be able to afford to leave.
    DonnaPinitonya

Comment by DonnaPinitonya (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No I wouldnt have taken it.But then again she was drunk and couldnt get the hint so it was probably better to just put em to bed.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would not let her ruin family time I would ask her to leave the room until she sobered up have a serious talk with her about it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I just need to get my DD and nephews away, I'm not close to her, idk how to say hey you drink to much in bad way. I pray about it but I feel like I'm not prepaired.
    DonnaPinitonya

Comment by DonnaPinitonya (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Does she live with you or do you live with her? If you live with her shes right she is the boss so matter how drunk she is, I would look into moving.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I live with them, I pay rent, utilities, buy food and beverages... cook, clean... I just can't afford to rent an apt alone. I don't see how she feels its okay to act in a way that would upset her if she was being dismissed and disrespected in front of her kids.
    DonnaPinitonya

Comment by DonnaPinitonya (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• 1) Most importantly, I do NOT let my kids hang out around a lush.
    2) No one interferes with bed time, or they deal with me. (She's little still, I work full time, bed time is our special time.)
    3) It's no one's business but DH, DD or I's business if DD "prays" or not (and when she's older, it will be her business alone). If the grandparents haven't figured that out by now, they will if they try to butt in.
    4) The whole "I'm grandma and I'm the boss" does NOT fly with me. I'd put her in her place immediately, and then probably discuss it further in private, where I'd explain that she can either follow my rules with MY kids, or she can chose not to be allowed to see MY kids.

and ugh, I REALLY HATE alcoholics and drunk (or otherwise intoxicated) people!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yeah, once we are gone she really won't be seeing much of us, big family get togethers I guess. I lost my cool a little in front of the older kids but I made sure to say please. lol
    I just am losing it, one day at a time till I can get out of here for good.
    DonnaPinitonya

Comment by DonnaPinitonya (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010