if i am 1 wk preg is sex safe?

i am not sure if i am preg or not... but just for the sake of my gk, is it safe to have sex in very very early stages or pregnancy (in the first 1 or 2 weeks)...
also i have heard to stay away from hot tubs etc but never understood the logic... is a hot shower as bas or not?
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Sex is safe unless you have had problems with a previous pregnancy. I think the hot tub raises the baby's body temp, not sure though. Showers are safe.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• well.. sex is safe at pretty much any time during the pregnancy.... it wont hurt a thing. his penis is going into a totally different area than where the baby is. as for the hot tub... it gets too hot raising your body temp and in turn raising the babys temp. as for a hot shower, as long as its not overly hot, if you are comfortable your baby should be fine because you arent emersed in the hot water.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I had sex many many times in between the time I concieved and the time I found out about being pregnant. I was about five or six weeks when I got the positive test. I'm now 29 weeks and my baby is healthy =]

Most people have NO IDEA that they're pregnant until they're at least four or five weeks, so they keep having sex like normal. You'll be fine =] Sex is the least of your worries, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sex is safe. Hot tubs increase your chances for miscarriage or fetal deformities.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• sex is good and safe! shower are great and safe, aviod the hot tub! no need to cook it! how do you know you are one week? blood tests?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sex is fine && showers are too. Just not a steaming hot bath.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 2:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sex is fine. Avoid hot tubs - they raise the body temp and they also can harbor germs (I have heard it compared to swimming in a toilet for germ levels).
    Anonymous