Are your kids close together or far apart in age?

Do you like it that way or wish it was different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• Each of my kids are 2 1/2 years apart. Some days I wish they were farther apart, and others I wish that they were even closer, it all depends on how many fights I break up that day!!
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My boys are 6 years apart. I like it that way. I get to have special time with each of them. My son started all-day school just after the baby was born, so I've been able to have special mom time with them individaully without having to divide myself so much.
    Philyra

Answer by Philyra at 11:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Mine are 3 years 2 months apart. The first year was hardest, but now they are tag team pillow fight wrestling partners.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 11:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My boys are 2 1/2 years apart. I am sure they will fight as they get older, but they will have a close confidante when they are adults.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My daughters are 15 years apart and I'm really happy with it this way. Each one will have a sense of having been an only child, but will still know a sisterly bond.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My ss is 8 and was almost 5 when my first child was born then 14mo. later(to the day-almost to the hour!) came my son and then 2yrs. and 3mo. and 2 days later came our youngest daughter(who is now 5mo. old)!! So I guess you could say OUR children are closely spaced but if you include stepson it is a bit of both!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• BRANDEN IS 22, JEN 19, BRITT 17, THEN 10 YEARS LATER CAME LAUREN AGED 7 AND LAST CHANCE CAME 2 YEARS LATER AGED 4 MY HOUSE IS ALWAYS FILLED WITH JOY LAUGHTER OR TEARS
    bsmitley_69

Answer by bsmitley_69 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I came from a family where me and my older brother are 2 years apart. We were always fighting and getting on my parents nerves. Than 10 years later my mom had another baby and than two years after that she had another. So there's the two older ones that are close and the two younger ones that are close. It's almost like two different families but I agree with bsmitley. There is always SOMETHING happening! I haven't decided yet if I want mine close or not. I guess I should wait though until I have someone to marry. HA HA!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Dude is 5yrs and Jesse is 11m; i like it... im glad one was out of diapers before i started on the next one... LOL Plus Dude is a bonus helper...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My older 3 kids are each a year apart. #1 was 15 months when #2 was born and he was 13 months when #3 was born (that made #1 just over 2 years old when her 2nd sibling was born). Then #4 is 3 1/2 years younger then #3.
    I much preferred the 1 year spacing. They are 8, 7, almost 6 and 2 1/2 now and sometimes I don't know what to do with my 2yo. She has little in common with her older siblings and now that they are in school she is alone all the time. The other 3 are best friends. They try to include the little one but there are things they want to do that she can't.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008