Are you a mom in college?

At 36 I went back to college. I am now 41 and will be graduating next May with my teaching degree in elementary education and ESL.

It has been VERY hard to go to college with young children. My daughters were 3 and 5 when I started - without my husband I don't think I could have done it.

Are back in school? Are you married or single? Help from family or on your own??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Married, with 4 kids under 4. Hub is too busy worried about his schooling to worry about me and mine.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was a single mom of three children when I kept trying to get through college. I had to keep quitting school and it took me forever to get my degree bc I didn't have anyone to help.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I guess I am lucky in that my husband is a college professor of English, so that helps - he is also a certified teacher of secondary education. He supports me, emotionally, when I am feeling tired, run down and ready to quit. I don't know how I would have made it this far without his support and guidance.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• engaged mother of a 9 month old fiance in school too we try to help each other but its hard because we both work also
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 12:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am in school full time for Children PSY. I do it alone.  Its very hard and some days I dont know how I get myself out of bed. But in another few years it will all have been worth it and my daughter will have an example. 

aurorabear

Answer by aurorabear at 12:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• (((BIG MOMMY HUGS))) to all of you who don't have help, or much help. I know first hand how hard that can be. My DH worked 4 jobs when I first started school, so I got little help, as far as caring for our children goes, from him. I can't imagine how tough it would be if I didn't have a significant other, or no help at all from him.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My husband and I are both in college. He started his masters last year when our oldest was 4. I am a junior, completing my BA in psychology and I'm also 30 weeks pregnant. It's been rough at times, but not too bad.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am in college right now. I am going for early childhood education and will graduate in 2012 sometime. My school is all online so it is pretty convenient for me. I have a 7 month old son and it can be difficult for me to get things done but my bf dose help some(not as much as he should though). No one really thinks i will complete school this time around(its my 3rd attempt) and i so want to prove them all wrong!!
    felicia0387

Answer by felicia0387 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'll be 21 in October. I've been out of college for two years and I have a two year old daughter. My mom's helping a lot right now because I'm trying to find a new job and a place to live while going to college full time. I'm currently married, but I'm trying to find a place so that our separation will be legal (to us, we've been separated for almost 10 months already, though) and we can get divorced. I'm probably going to end up moving in with my best friend if he ever finds a place. He adores my daughter and I trust him, but I doubt he'll be helping much with her, except while I'm at work maybe. Thankfully my community college offers a day care program that's really good from what other moms have told me, so I have someone on campus watching her while I'm in class and/or doing work study.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm a full time (12+ credit hours a term) student going for my masters in nursing/midwifery and I can't any time off or I lose my funding from my GI bill for the term and I can't make it with out that. I'm married but my hubby lives in Texas and I live in Florida. I'm a mother of 3 amazing kids 6 year old and almost 2 year old girls and 5 year old boy. I only have my mom around for a couple more months before she moves out of state too. So I will be on my own again.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010