How do you make it through the lonely nights?

Im going through a divorce, and while he has his pregnant fiance (whom he cheated on me with), i have no one. Its not that i want to run and find a warm body, its just im lonely. I dont have anyone to lean on during the tough times. So my question is, how do you make it through the lonely nights? Currently i just stay awake until i can go to bed witch is not very often is before 1am. Then get up and do what needs to be done with my boys for that day. Im always tired but cant seem to fall asleep and stay asleep. Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks.

MaverickMama

Asked by MaverickMama at 12:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Plot his death.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 12:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When I was going through divorce I kept very busy with the kids and when they were sleeping and I wasn't i read books, and alot of them....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• aw its the stress. Your going through alot and you need a HUG! I am sorry. Try to stay busy and focus on what needs to be done to get through it all.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Get a body pillow and a heated blanket. Almost as good but it can't kill spiders.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The year I went thru something like that.... while not an actually divorce I might have well have been I got super addicted to the TV. I plotted out a schedule so the minute I got home form work there was something to put on that interested me... so the TV was always on taking up the silence. Then I went Back to college full time with in 6 months and life got very busy.... then I met my Hubby thru a friend I meat there.

So I guess I'd jsut say stay busy... keep you mind engaged with something. ((((hugs))))

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would find something to do for yourself a hobby you will make friends and have something that makes you happy as well..
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• READ! My husband is away alot for work and while I was first getting used to his schedule I felt the same way. Not so much sad or down, just realllllly lonely. I must have read 3 books in 2 weeks and that was all at bed time. I would just read until I couldnt keep my eyes open anymore.
    Also, make new or reconnect with old friends. Get a babysitter for the kids and have friend dates more than you used to.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I actually love having the time to myself. I spend time with my kids, read, play around on the computer, talk on the phone or watch movies. Have you though of taking up a new hobby? Something you could do at home in the evenings. How about taking a bubble bath with candles, giving yourself a manicure & pedi. or doing yoga & meditation. Keeping a journal. I can think of so many things! Good Luck to you.

sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 2:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have been divorced now for about 10 years now. In the beginning it was hard i was so use to having him around. It takes a while to get use to him being gone. My ex-husband also cheated on me and married her as soon as our divorce was final. I slowly started looking for things that I was interested in like reading, you know hobbies. That was hard to because I was so use to being someones wife I'd forgotten about me. Anyway as soon as I started to break away from the habits of "being married" life became easier. I actually liked being alone once I knew how to fill the time. I also watched a lot of movies and started to surf the net late at night, that helped as well. HANG IN THERE IT DOES GET BETTER I PROMISE
    james416

Answer by james416 at 4:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Enjoy your time alone. Take naps during the day if needed. Remind yourself of the bad times and how you don't have to deal with it, she does!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010