how do i deal with a sister in law who laughs when my kids are naughty and encourages them.

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 1:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I ahve had to explainto to my sil that I am raiseing my girls and she is raise her kids!!
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 1:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Explain your boundaries prior to the situation, and if she doesn't listen, refuse to attend the next event she goes to.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i would just explain that she is not helping them. that it might feel like she is the "cool aunt" by undermining me but that wont end well. i would tell her if she cant cut it out - she wont be allowed to speak to them. i would expect her to test that and i would follow through to show her that i was serious and not allow contact till about xmas - like 3 or 4 months... so she would think i was a wicked witch, but i would get my way - which is really what your kids need right?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would pop the piss out of her and explain to your kids that some time's mama has to make things right when some one is so stupid.
    breezy2005

Answer by breezy2005 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• She needs to be told that she is free to raise her children any way she sees fit (even if she has to make some first) but yours are being taught to follow your rules whether she likes them or not ~ and that she isn't too big for a time out herself. Your DH should talk to her as well.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010