How to handle sex when you're not getting along?

So my hubby and I are having a lot of problems and I don't know if we're going to stay together or not. We act civily to each other and have been getting along for the last couple days, but we fight a lot and sometimes they get down right ugly. If you had problems with your partner how did you go about dealing with sex? Did you still have sex, but made it purely for sexual release. Or did you have no sexual contact till you resolved your issues?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• It depends on the type of argument. Sometimes there is "make up sex" involved but most of the time we just go to bed and try not to touch each other lol. Sometimes it will happen the next day or something when we've both cooled down but if you are unsure about you guys staying together it guess it depends on the person if you'd continue to have sex if you aren't emotionally there. But some people might say if the sex is good why pass up a good thing
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm not attracted to my dh when we're fighting, even for a release. I'd prefer a frying pan to his head. That would be a good release.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We don't have sex if we're fighting. I do not feel comfortable with it. If we don't work it out, he's sleeping on the couch and absolutely no business is going down in the bedroom. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If hubby and I aren't getting along, no sex for him! I know most men, sex is just physical, but for me it's emotional too and I just can't do that if I'm angry at him.

If I need sexual release, I have a massaging shower head for that LOL

I'm with jeanclaudia and the frying pan ;o) mine sure could use that tonight!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• For the most part we still have sex. Most of the time we know how to argue without out it getting ugly.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sex could relieve the tension and build good will between you both. So go for it if you want to. It might be a bridge that fills the gap in your marriage and allows you both to love each other again.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• will i have been in your shoes so many times its unreal. just 2 weeks ago.no i would not have sex with him. if he wants to be a butt head
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A bag over his head usually does the trick.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010