Girls scouts or 4h ? for 2 girls

I dont know witch one to do? please help

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 1:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Girl Scouts.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Why can you give me a reason?
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Both can be pricy but 4H is really expensive especially if your girls get animals. I raised pigs for 4H and for about 4 months food and the cost of the pig itself was like $500-$600 BUT there is always the possibility for a return investment
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my sisters all like 4h and so did my brothers by time i was old enough i wanted to do 4h but no 4h so i had to go girl giuds not my choice but my mothers,i was more into farming then any thing else you learn so much
    sewing, cooking and baking ,knitting all about fabric take care of farm pet .i think your kids will have fun
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• what are your girls interested in? that would be the first thing I would try to find out, you may find that one prefers 4h and on prefers girl scouts. I have a DD in girls scouts and then one boy in cub scouts and one boy in 4H doing archery. Every childis different and both programs have so much to offer. If your really adventuous you could do both. Girl scouts is pretty low key normally one meeting a week at younger ages with a few fun things thrown in once or twice a month.

You should be able to call the 4H office and ask what is involved in the area your girls are interested in and then also take them to the information night that the girl scouts have so that they can ask questions and see what all they do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• one is in dance and one is in karate and they are both in awanas so adding 2 more ativites to our shedual I think would be tough.
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• awanas is alot like scouts form what one of my scout parents tells me so then i would choose 4H. My kids have a max of two activities each thats my limit we also have dance and sports. I would look at what you have time for and take that route.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well, you didn't orginally ask for a reason =). 4H wasn't openly accepted where I grew up, but I also wasn't raised in the country. Those that did it at our school were laughed at horribly. Girl Scouts seemed to be more acceptable, and they have delicious cookies. I also think they provide kids with a lot of learning skills/experiences that are vital and give them a good sense of well being. But that is IMO.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• 4H! My kids loved it, and I think it is great because very few kids comparatively speaking, get to experience the "rural" lifestyle. Being in the country is a blessing. Awanna's is very much like scouts, but with a bigger biblical twist. How bout asking them what they want to do? 4H is very hands on...lots of work and activities, so if you are short on time as it is...I would think twice before committing.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Have you asked the girls what they want to do?
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010