ANY BODY ELSE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON THE OUT SIDE.

I DO. ON THE INSIDE WHEN WE MOVED IN IT WAS BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AS WELL. NOW IT'S A TRAGEDY. NO ONE GIVES ME A HAND PICKING UP AFTER THEMSELVES. I TOLD MY KID SHE NEEDS TO STEP UP AND PICH IN IF SHE SEES SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. I CAN'T KEEP UP

ANGEL570

Asked by ANGEL570 at 1:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I always tell my kids, I'm your mom not your maid. I have them clean up there stuff, there 5 and 3 and still to young to help wash dishes and things like that but they can def help clean up there toys and things that belong to them. I explain to them why it's soo helpful for them to even pick up a towel for mommy, my youngest daughter is 3 and she will tell my husband, my oldest daughter and my son, "mommy just clean up this house!" she doesn't like when people make a mess. I would def set some chores and tell everyone in the household to pick up. When we have visitors like my husbands little brother comes over, I tell say hi and welcome him in and politely tell him that we came up with a new system and that is for everyone to clean up after themselves like picking up there stuff and washing there own dishes once there done using them, I feel alot better now because they do it and it helps me alot. Good luck.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• maybe u should try giving her some chores....my son is 3 and he has to claen up his room every night b4 bed
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 1:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Is it her stuff? Make new rules. If it's on the floor after she goes to bed, it's gone. I bet that will get her to clean up her stuff. And yes, have other chores for her as well.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 1:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• How old is your child? They can still pick up at any age. Make a chore list that's what I have done you are in charge of your stuff if I have to pick it up it belongs to me then and then it's gone no chance of getting it back. Maybe do some downsizing maybe you feel over whelmed because you have too much stuff that happens to us all. My house is beautiful on the outside ans well as inside.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010