what would you do?

My MIL came out in June to visit and my husband and her got into a HUGE argument and she left that night on a red eye from CO to MA. Now they're not speaking and my son's bday is in Oct and the in-laws are coming out but my husband is going to be deployed at that time. (And he's not happy about it) I stood by my husband and didn't talk to my in-laws for a while but I don't have any problems and my MIL and I are like BFF's and I don't think it's fair to punish our son because they're not getting along and then my MIL tells me that she loves me more than my husband and that she doesn't see us working out and that if we do get a divorce I can move in with them (and we are happily married)

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree. You need all the family support you can get while he is deployed. This is between dh and mom. Not you, dh, son and mil. Remind dh of that. You are going to be all on your own while he is gone, and you need the family support. You didnt start it, you didnt fuel it, you are trying to avoid it. I commend you for trying to take a neurtal stand in all this, I hope he can see how much you love him and your extended family as well
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• at least you're being supported. tell dh your child should have access to the grandparents and you're not siding.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010