does anyone have kids in online high school? is it going well for your child?

WHAT2DOSJ

Asked by WHAT2DOSJ at 2:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I had one for online 8th grade ... it was a disaster... it was a rebellion yr for us . It works for kids who are motived to do the work on their own!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My brother did it for a year and loved it. He's getting ready to start college. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter did it for a year. It was so easy for her. All I had to do was mark her attendance. I did 5th gr. with my son and that was difficult but we didn't start at the beginning of the year and I found out he wasn't ready for 5th gr. math. He also had an IEP, so the teacher went through his lessons and took out quite a few of them. It made it easier after that. He is doing this .year online. He is in 7th gr. Having been through it before I am better prepared. Good Luck!
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• What is online school. Does it mean they go to school completely on the computer? WHY?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't but wished I had. My oldest son is a Senior this year. His schedule consists of 2 classes. He has computer graphics at 12:10 and English 4 at 1:00. He only needs 1.5 credits to graduate. Had he did it online, he could finish early in the morning and have his day freed up to get a decent job.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter did a summer course online this summer and my 8th grade son will be taking a high school course online this fall. My daughter did great. My son's 1st day is today.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No, no kids in High School rgt now. Sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Ask this question in the Happy Homeschoolers group. There are many wise and experienced women there.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no heres a bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010