What kind of sugar would be considered fake sugar?

And bad for you...I like sugar in the raw...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sugar in the raw- or sugraw as I like to call it- is good as far as sugars go. Dark brown sugar is good, too. When you see brown sugar w/ molasses added, not so good as it has been bleached and then had the color replaced with the ingredient that made it brown in the first place. Then there is white sugar-blech and finally artificial sweeteners. Honey, maple sugar, molasses, cane syrup, are all better for you than aspartame and all that stuff, just as butter is better than margarine . If you need to cut out sugar ( or fat or whatever) for your health then do it! Forget about" I love sweets". Once you cut them out lots of stuff will taste sweet because nearly everything breaks down into sugars...just cut out the white sugar, keep chewing your food really well and you'll taste it.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Artificial sweeteners, obviously.
    But really, processed sugar is not so natural.
    So the way I understand it, when you consume fructose from eating a banana or lactose from consuming dairy, that is getting natural sugar.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• things like sweet and low, equal and splenda...I think.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• splenda made of chemicles.
    proudmomof4boys

Answer by proudmomof4boys at 2:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010