When our body aches we take (ibuprofen, aspirin, advil) right?

Well my ds has been going to football practices and has been complaining about his body aching.
he is 9 yrs. old and I gave him some Children's Ibuprofen I pray this will make him feel a lot better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• yes any kind of pain relief should help as wella s a nice warm bath and a good nights sleep Maintaining a good posture help with back pain too.
    debbyp64

Answer by debbyp64 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A heating pad is a god send. And warm baths/showers before bed help your muscles to relax.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It probably will hurt the first few weeks, and if they work him hard, for the whole season. Just make sure he is getting enough to eat (protien!!) and enough rest. Lots of water too.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory so it should help with sore muscles. I swear by Advil Liquid Gels. Hope he feels better.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yep thats what we do too
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• shud do and how abt a bath?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i can only take non asprin, but i've been switching over to teas now. after the shower, try to get him to drink a tea called tension tamer. it helped me with my last pregnacy.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ice packs applied to the aching joint would be helpful too
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Those first few weeks of football practice are pretty rough ... is it his joints that are aching or that his muscles are sore? I never gave my son pain relief medication for either condition because they are hard on your liver and don't make that much of a difference. Vitamin C is a natural anti-inflammatory so that can be used (and it's water soluble, so you can take excessive amounts and not have to worry about toxicity).

We treated sore muscles and achiness by keeping him hydrated, using hot and cold packs as necessary, and Tiger Balm. We did bracing/compressing (knees, in his case) for joint pain. Much of the joint pain he experienced was due to juvenile osteochondrosis - an orthopaedic condition very common in children who participate in sports because their bones are rapidly growing. Physical therapy can help if the problem becomes chronic.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2010