I feel the beginning of a cold, any suggestions on how to stop it in its tracks? Or just feel better?

Sniffles, fatigue, sinus headache, stomach hurts, + other crappy symptoms. Any suggestions on how to feel better? I tried a Tylenol cold pill and it didnt really help. What can I do to feel better?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 2:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• This is odd but trust me, this will work! Take equal amounts of fresh garlic and fresh ginger and grate them with a micro-plane or chop them very finely. Boil them in a small saucepan and reduce it to a syrup like consistency. Allow to cool, then add honey. Take a shot (I use a shot glass and fill it just a little over halfway) whenever your feeling down. Work for flu, coughs, sniffles, sore throat, sinus troubles, and fatigue. Safe for babies too (omit the honey and give with a medicine syringe) You can make a bunch ahead of time and store in a jar in the fridge. Tastes better when really cold. I strongly encourage you to try this remedy!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 2:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• vit c vit c vit c...... tons and tons of Vit C.

Also echinacea tea too!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• BTW you boil them in a saucep[an with enough water to cover by about 1/2-1 inch* sorry forgot to add that part.
    -crunchy-mama-

• crunchy-mama is right. Garlic always works!
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 2:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I like using airborne!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Try taking 2 advils you could be starting your period too. Hope u feel better.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Zicam actually works!! Find it in the medicine isle near the cough drops, and buy the kind that is dissolvable tablets + viatmin C. You need to take EXACTLY as directed, which is 1 tablet every 3 or 4 hours, no drinking for 10min after use. And you take it for 48 or 72 hours after you start feeling symptoms. I take that when I feel that tingle in my throat, along with drinking 3-5 cups of hot tea for 3 days, and I do not get sick. The $10 you pay for the bottle is well worth it, and lasts a while too.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• rest & fluids
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Take a garlic pill 3x per day. Garlic is a natural antiviral/antibiotic. Take a probiotic daily
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2010