what if it were you?

So my boyfriends brother works with my boyfriends best friend. We've been together for 8 months, and I always knew his bff didn't like me. He was always a jerk. And my boyfriends brother confessed that my bfs bestfriend talks about me and my boyfriend at work. Saying he's pussy whipped, and that I'm fat and ugly and he should find a new girl. And that I'm just wasting his time. I told my boyfriend how did he feel about that and he said he felt he's just jealous and that he's going to tell him 2 stop. But I know he won't because he doesn't like being mean 2 him he's actually chosen him over me more than a couple of times. I know he loves when me and my boyfriend fight. If u were me what would u expect from ur boyfriends part ?

elliebaby

Asked by elliebaby at 2:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd expect him to stand up for you! If he cannot stand up to this guy and tell him that he should stop talking about you and defend your honor then I'd seriously be packing his bags.
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• 8 months isnt long enuff.. either stand up for you or hit the road. you can do better
    debbyp64

Answer by debbyp64 at 2:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree with previous posters, and you don't look fat or ugly to me. The guy is just a prick!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It would depend on how old my boyfriend is. My boyfriend when I was 16 treated me like crap- he was very immature and inconsiderate and super selfish. But my boyfriend when I was 20 (my now husband) is the exact opposite. Not to say that you have a bad boyfriend for not sticking up for your, because he definetly should. But everyone matures at a different age, and being a woman you can attest to the fact that boys mature a LOT slower than females =/
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Please do not allow yourself to be treated that way. If you do not demand or expect RESPECT.It will not be given to you.
    The only thing worse than eight months of this ,is eight months and another day.Do yourself the favor and stop allowing this.
    roni707

Answer by roni707 at 3:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• new boy
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 3:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'd expect him to defend me if not find someone who will. Then again it depends how strong ya'lls love is you don't want to give his bff satisfaction either. GL your call.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Time to move on. Not worth concerning yourself. He is not worthy of a long term relationship.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well honeslty I think he did his best to say what would make you feel better. You can't force him to get in his friend's face and do what you want him to do. I would expect him to defend me too, and he may have, there's no way proof either way. But the fact that he obviously disagreed is something. Choosing to not duke it out verbally with his friend was just a matter of choosing his battles and blowing him off. I think he did fine. If it were to continue, I'd expect more forceful responses from him like "Ok, man, I get it. Enough. No more".
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• iam so very sorry that your boyfriend will not stand up for you.my hubby does not do hat for me. when his friends tell him that they want to be with me in a sexaul way he jusy says to ask her and see what she says or he will lol about it and give them a go to hell look.me being a texas momma i will kick thier butts all over the place and tell them to go to hell in a quick hurry. but thats me.iam so sure that your not fat or ugly i hate men that are just stuiped.i hope that your boyfriend steps up to the bat for you soon and tells his friend were to go whit his crap real soon.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010