Do your kids names have some sort of pattern?

I didn't do it on purpose, but my sons both have seven syllables in their entire names. Kinda neat.

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 2:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids have successive letters beginning their names. We didn't plan it, but it worked out well. Rami, Sam, and Talya.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Brooke and brittany and there initals are bmw
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 3:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Alex & Zoe

A & Z
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My son is Eldon and our next child will be Emery. Not on purpose...the first after his Great Great Grandfather and the second after the lake I grew up on. (I dont have any family names that are cool...lol...so I just picked a place special to me)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Our entire family does. The girls names end in the sound "ey" (merri, jaime, ashley, kathe, brittney, serenty, lilly) and the men can either end in the "ey" sound or "n" (larry, corey, devin, kenn, leon, lee) etc. I named my daughter in coinsidence with this traditional trend.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I plan to name all my kids names starting with the letter A....my sister kids name all starts with the letter T...jus somthing we thought of as kids
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• In an unusual way, I see a pattern, but not like the other replies. When my second son was born, I wanted his name to "match" with his siblings' names. My husband had a daughter named Luca and I had a son named Austin when we met. Instead of trying to find one name to go with both Luca and Austin, I just gave him two names; Rocco Gavin. Rocco matched Luca for the Italian side and I thought Austin and Gavin sounded like brothers. I love that his name is sort of a bridge between the two families bringing them together. While it has never been my style to want to hyphenate last names, in this case, I gave my son both last names so he would share both of his siblings' last names as well.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 3:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, not on purpose but both my girls have the same intials AP and my three boys and husband have the same initials, CP. We just happened to like names that started with those initials. I guess having all your kids with the same initials are the thing to so ever since the kardashians got famous. It's cool if it means something but if someone is just doing it to copy I think it takes away the sentimental value of it.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Idk if you would call it a pattern or not. But John is named for his father & grandfathers, as was my hubby.. We'll be doing the same for the next boy we have (if we have one) Only this time using my father's name & hubbys middle name (which was his grandfathers name)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We have absolutely no pattern at all. Our first DD has my middle name that I always loved and swore I'd name my dd lol, her middle name my husband always liked for a girl so she was easy. DD2 was a lot harder, we ended up naming her after 2 Beatles songs :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010