i,ve been a stay at home mom for over 14yrs and have no choice but to go back to work

my dh has had his job for 34 yrs and was suspened for not passing a ua for pot he smoked on 4th of july. he had to go to rehab for 30 days no pay , he can go back to work after rehab but still won,t get a check for a month or more.also we both drank alot so he is detoxing at a fine place and i,m doing it at home worring about bills jobs kids school, i dont really have any good skills that would make up what we pay out. i,m doing fine not drinking i feel better but i,m angry that he put us here scaredto go to work but also have to drive 2hrs one way to see him wkly required by counsler what should i do how can i find a job and take off because of this crap

bunco

Asked by bunco at 3:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Great Job on not drinking!!! You might look into direct care work. It's where you go into the home of a elderly or disabled adult and help them. It does take the nurturing skills of a mother and organization of a homemaker. Just an idea!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Do you have internet? You probably qualify to go back to school. My cousin has fafsa and scholarships that pay her rent, (food, housing, car payments, schooling, books, etc). That way you could go to school online (at home), and better your self by getting a degree.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• same boat, my former skills are obsolete by now, i've been out of the work force for nearly a decade now (doesn't seem like it), but that coupled with an unspoken age bias in my area, makes it hard to find work especially for a parent that can only work during school hours. Its hard, I know.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010