MORE descriptive introductions to your QUESTIONS Include Key Words--Give us the Main Idea of Your Question

Does it bother anyone else that people do not put key words in their initial question?
When I am paging through the questions, it would be so helpful if the questions included the main idea in the main question. This would allow us to pick up on the questions that interest us and we could help with or could help us.
If you agree please BUMP!!!
BUMP!!!

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 4:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• OP, I know what you're talking about and yes, it bugs me. Like a question that just says "Would you...?" and then you open it and it's something that is completely uninteresting, or that I'm not qualified to answer. I would like just a little bit of information about what the question pertains to and the category doesn't always help, particularly if it's Just For Fun.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think people do that on propose so that more people open the question. I try to ask the question in the question spot and if a explanation is needed then it goes in the appropriate place.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If your question requires any kind of explanation, putting it in the question is just guaranteeing you'll get lousy answers. Say you have guests coming over with dietary restrictions. If you ask "What should I do about dinner for my inlaws?" in the question and in the description add that they are on a gluten and casein free diet and lactose intolerant, 99% of the answers don't even bother reading the description and will just answer "pizza". (99.9% now that people are just answering to point whore and don't even read the whole question) If you ask "How would you handle this problem?" and then put the whole description, people HAVE to read the description to answer the question.

If you want to avoid the questions that bore you, read them by category, not by most recent bumps or most bumped off the main Q&A page.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• There are some guidelines to follow  How to Write a Good Question

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Your idea is a good one, but I'm not convinced it would work out as well as you'd like. After all, look how many questions are asked in the wrong category. I simply don't trust that people would use the right keywords. I think they would use the keywords they think will get their question read.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree with NP
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010