how long should i wait to take a test? i elevated my legs for 10 mins n stood on my head as long as i could stand it... its been a week now but im just so darn impatiant...lol how much lonnger should i wait to take a pt no get the most acurate result?...

Jadens-mommy12

Asked by Jadens-mommy12 at 4:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I was able to test a week before my period was due to get an accurate test. It really depends on your own body. I do suggest using digital though, as they are much clearer and always give me the result early. Digital helps prevent the "standing over the test for 20 minutes trying to figure out if that's just a watermark or a real prego line".

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Lol I went through that with my son finally I bought I digatle and knew for sure... the thing is I haven't had my period since I had my son and we just lats month started TTC... doc says I'm fine with getting preggo just to keep trying...
    Jadens-mommy12

Comment by Jadens-mommy12 (original poster) at 4:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Is it 7dpo? The earliest I got a positive was 10dpo. Good luck.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 5:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The MOST accurate would be the day before your period is due. I, too, was impatient and I did a lot of research. The % of accuracy is less than the 99.9%, even when the test states that you can test 5,6 or 7 days before your period. The further away the due date is, the less accurate the test is.
    IF you do test this early, make sure that you use the first urine of the day, as the concentration of the chemicals in your urine will be the most prevalent.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• gl!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• you are joking about standing on your head, right?? i almost spit coffee all over myself!! lol. I've heard people say they got a positive as early as 10 days past ovulation..i would wait another 4 or 5 days
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You test when you miss your cycle. You can get one of the five days before your period tests, but sooner than that does not exist without seeing a doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My rule of thumb is to test the earliest that I "might" start my period so I usually have 28-33 day cycles and if I have no signs of af I will test on cycle day 28....earliest positive I've gotten was 13dpo. Good Luck!
    Darlah

Answer by Darlah at 10:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010