Trying to concieve a girl

I am confused, I check my bio-rhythm chart and blue and red line on bottom half just before full moon is the time I should try for a girl yet on the chinese chart it says January is the next best time.. As my birthday is in just over a weeks time (4th Sept) and the chart goes by your age. Has anyone else used these methods?? Its just I am having a HCG done today which is supposed to increase your chances of concieving... Please help, If I have to wait til January to try again then I guess Ive no choice..

neady

Asked by neady at 6:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I know it sounds funny... but we picked the gender of all 3 of our kids. For our boys, we made sure to conceive as soon as I was ovulating (it's pretty painful for me so there was no doubt when it was happening). For our daughter, we waited 24 hours after I began ovulating. It might have just been luck, but it worked!
    We based it on my college biology course that taught the Y chromosome is usually strong enough to make a boy during the beginning of ovulation, while the X chromosome is much more hardy (you know, 'cuz it's female and we're the stronger sex lol) and can hang in much longer.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thanks for that, there is so much information it gets confusing!!! :)
    neady

Comment by neady (original poster) at 6:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• OK, I really don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but the father's genens determine the sex of the baby. But Good Luck!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Exactly, PP - the father's genes at the time of conception in the sperm contain both X and Y chromosomes in the beginning... the biological impact of copulation causes the Y chromosome to fade out faster. My family had almost all daughters and all granddaughters until we had our son. dh's family hadn't had a girl born in the father's line for almost 70 years when we had our daughter (all sons and grandsons).
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Keep in mind, that while some people feel that certain positions or times to conception can determine the gender of the child, most times it is just the luck of the draw. I know a couple where the husband really wanted a boy. The first two children were girls. They did the research and the third child--was a girl. Again, they tried and the fourth child--was a girl. They tried a fifth time and finally a boy!!

The most important thing about having a baby is not what the child's gender is--it's whether or not it is loved no matter what.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I just thought seeing as we have decided to have another, I have 3 year old twin boys that were IVF (worked 1st time so they are our little blessings) it would be nice to give them a little sister. We are trying naturally this time and I had an ectopic 3 months ago and one in 2003 so it has been very frustrating for us latey. That is very true layh, once it is healthy, happy and loved that is all the matters.. Thanks for all the nice responses :)
    neady

Comment by neady (original poster) at 7:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010