My son was just prescribed Bethanechol.

He was born in April and after about 2 weeks of being home (I was still bf at the time) he was diagnosed with Acid Reflux. Well the reflux got progressively worse and peaked right around 4 mos. He was refered to a GI doc by his pediatrition and she prescribed Bethanechol. Anyone have any experience with it. It has worked now for about 2.5 weeks but his syptoms have suddenly came back.

Lisa.Price

Asked by Lisa.Price at 6:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Looks like this med is used for urinary issues. No expierience with it, just a google search. Zantac is commonly used for reflux, as is Axid, which my son was on and it worked for him.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thanks... My son is on Prevacid twice a day as well. The Zantac worked for about 2 weeks and because he was already on the highest does, we had to switch.
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010