Are you a sinner?

I'm not.

If you are, are you considered a sinner under ALL religions, or only your own?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• exactly a perfect way to put it, OP. What is a sinner exactly? You can't be a sinner if you don't follow that faith to begin with. And how do they know the Gods feel its a sinful thing (whatever it is), or is it just the very human religious leaders that don't like whatever and just want people to stop doing it cuz they don't personally like it?

Its all very relative and subjective. Basic knowing right from wrong should be enough.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Wow really you're perfect You've never done anything against anyone or society? You're never sped, maybe run thorugh that stoplight as it's turning pink? Yelled at your children or husband or SO just because you're in a bad mood? Maybe you've passed on gossip without knowing both sides? Judged someone because of something they said or did without knowing all of the story? You've never ever done the least little bit wrong? Wow I've met My first perfect person. Or you think it's perfectly OK to do and say whatever you want no matter what the consequences or hurt it causes others.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Everyone's a sinner. It doesn't matter if you believe that you are or aren't you still are in the eyes of God. Good thing he's so forgiving! He loves each and every one of us! :)
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 7:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A "sinner" is a term used by Christian religions. Not part of my faith, so nope, I'm not a sinner. Which, btw, does not mean I don't suffer from PMS daily, I haven't shown the slightest bit of road rage, I don't swear like a sailor when I am mad, and want to throttle my husband when he can't stop clicking the remote. I bright note, I do try to do what's right and pay it forward. Being kind to others and being responsible has nothing to do with religion, it kinda of what we should do as human beings.

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My point was it doesn't matter if you believe or not. You do, do wrong against others. A decent human being does ask for forgiveness from those who they have wronged. So yes we all sin in one way or another. No one is perfect.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• the term "sinner" is not only used by Christianity, it is used by many different religions, just called by different names. The Bible says "for ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 also Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    I'm sorry that you don't believe the Bible, that is between you and God, but according to God; the Creator of the Universe and YOU, you are a sinner.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 8:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

•  I am not perfect but I am a good person who doesn't deny human nature (I have my moods too).  I have my indulgences and I don't feel guilty,  I don't see why I should.  I don't hurt anyone and I help others out when I can and I am not a god slave.  So no, I am not a sinner!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Depends who you ask. LOL I don't follow any religion so no I am not a sinner. I don't claim to be perfect either. I 100% agree with Beeky. She says it better than I ever could.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry that you don't believe the Bible, that is between you and God, but according to God; the Creator of the Universe and YOU, you are a sinner.

See, that's where you are misinformed.  Don't be sorry, I read lots of fiction.  Besides, this really isn't an issue between me and your God...it is actually an issue between you and your God because you can't see beyond the blinders.  And I am not a sinner, you think I'm a sinner because I don't believe as you do....

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't believe in sin in the mainstream sense, so the whole point of "sinners" isn't something that fits into my beliefs...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010