Why doesn't my child sleep??

He's 10 weeks and is up all day. He'll take maybe two 15-20 minute naps but only if he can't fight it anymore which is rare. Granted, he sleeps 8-10 hours at night which is lovely but is anyone else's young baby awake so much? Is this okay as long as he sleeps at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely! Count your blessings mama! If you're getting him to sleep that much at night... you're blessed! Babies sleep when they're sleepy... no worries.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My baby was like that for awhile. Until about 6-7 months he didn't nap well. My doctor said it was fine since he was sleeping through the night too. Now he has started to nap longer, over an hour. And I didn't do anything different, he did it on his own.
    AmandaH7

Answer by AmandaH7 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you are so lucky, my son is 10 months old and only sleeps 7 hours at night. sometimes even less, and then is up for an hour and then goes back to sleep. your child is only 10 weeks and sleeps through the night. thats such a good thing, and enjoy it now cuz it could change. but you got nothing to worry about
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 12:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• my daughter is 11 mos has never slept all night and still doesnt and takes two 15 minute naps all day that just means you sleep when they sleep theres always time to clean you need your rest oo and good for you on the 8 hours at night wish it were me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• because hes 10 weeks. Babies will never all the time sleep through the night...they will have their good nights when they sleep all night then they will have nights when they want to be awake all night. Just maybe make sure he's fully fed, comfortable, changed....etc...check everything!!
    Don't worry it'll only get better!!
    JessTorres

Answer by JessTorres at 1:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Just go with it. I'm glad my baby sleeps all night and he is almost 3mths old. He'll be fine.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Try a new product called the magic sleepsuit. It helps babies sleep better and longer and may help your baby nap. Check it out at www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous