How do you go about waking your teens up in the morning for school?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in

• I bought them alarm clocks at some point, I think it was middle school, b/c I was tired of going into their rooms every 5 minutes to wake them up. I did this b/c I read about a kid in college who was always missing class and he didn't know how to wake himself up! I think he flunked out. Anyway,I wanted my kids to learn how to get up on their own. It was amazing when I gave them this responsibility, they stepped up. I think they've only been late to school once. Oh, and my oldest was a freshmen in college last year. She had no problems waking up for her 8am classes without me there to help her. :-)
    HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Luckily my 17 yr old DD is so consumed by what she looks like she gets up on her own and has done that since she was a freshmen. I wonder if it would be different if she were a boy... lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My dd's only 5 but when I was a teen, ie out of elementary school, I was responsible for getting myself up, ready and out the door. My mom didn't even wake up, instead I used an alarm clock.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• "MARK! GET UP OR YOU'LL MISS THE BUS .......AGAIN!" lol
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 8:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I go in their bedroom and tell them it is time to get up. My oldest is good about getting up and moving right away, my middle is the lazy one and I usually have to go in there a few times and tell him to get up and and remind him that if he is not ready to go when we are he will be walking to school.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When I was a teen it was my responsibility to get up in the morning. I have no problems getting up in the a.m. now, but my df's parents always woke him up for school and whatnot and he has a terrible time getting up.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I get them upat5;30 am myoldest hates to nget up before9am o she gives me problems but I tell them they hae 5 mintues to get moving or elsItill haven`t had to use the or else yet
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 10:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2010