Just venting again.

Me hubby and our two sons live in his family home. We're on the top floor. Beneath us was his aunt and in the basement was his aunts son. I'm not gonna say I'm a neat freak but I am very particular as to how I like myhome. We keep a very clean home so that we don't receive extra visitors(rats, mice, roaches, etc). The aunt however keeps a cluttered home. She doesn't clean. I don't know if the fact that she's a nurse and maybe is too busy had anything to do with it. A few months ago we had an issue, her mice were coming up here. Wtf. Spoke with a professional and he informed me that mice apparently don't like filth so they may go to her home to eat and play but may come up here to rest and breed. WTF. It totally pissed me off. We ended up spending 200 bucks on a cat. And I HATE cats but I HATE mice more. So the time comes for her to retire and her husband, who lives in there home in Fl comes to clean their apt and take her to

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's unreasonable for you guys to move, I couldn't stand to stay in a house like that, either! I didn't know that mice prefer clean houses, I actually like them (as pets!!) but that's kind of funny.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• why did you spend $$ on a cat... you can get them for free from a shelter - well not free but not $200. that would totally piss me off too. i had something like that happen in college. rented the top half of a house. had a mess of students from india below me - all men - they did not clean ever. one time i went down there to talk to them about something and there was food all over the floor! needless to say they got bugs and they came upstairs to my stuff and i had to move midsemester. the landlord understood and was super pissed!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• There other home. I was so freaking happy. So she leaves and her son and his son move up from the basement. At first there was no issue. The mice were gone so I was good. But now we have roaches. WTF. The roaches stay in our bathroom which is right above his bedroom and kitchen. I went to go bathe my boys last night and turned on the lights, when I went to cut the water on I swear there was like 9 roaches in the tub. I washed them down the drain but still, WTF. I have children. I don't need these disgusting creatures around my kids things. We have another baby due in January. This is freaking gross. Omg we are so moving. Forget the fact that he grew up here. Its me or this house and his nasty ass relatives. I can't do this crap anymore.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010