Do you know any straight men that do "non-male" stereotype things but keep it under wraps to avoid judgement?

Like you and your family are the only ones who know. And he's straight.

example: he likes shopping or playing on internet forums, doesn't like to fix things or work on cars or watch sports (examples), but because Society has these gender stereotypes, he keeps it quiet?

Like maybe he actually enjoys some of the things the women like to do, as well but for some reason only women are expected to like doing.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I know a couple guys like that, but they don't care what other people think of them; they don't try to hide it. They are just themselves.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• mine sews. he knows how to do crafts.
    but it also depends on how they were raised. when people find out he has ten older sisters they don't judge him.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My Dh likes to wear my wrap skirts...lol. He is very manly, but thinks skirts are the comfiest thing ever. I like that he is secure in himself enough that he is not embarrased to admit that. Here is a funny pic of him wearing my skirt & headband. I love how silly he can be!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My husband:) lol He isn't a big sports fan, he can work on cars but doesn't like doing it, he cooks, cleans and is overall a great help.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my dh loves shopping, doesnt care for sports, its no big secret though
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My husband has no clue how to work on cars or fix stuff around the house. Good thing I'm a car fanatic and we live on base LOL. He loves to read, he shops online because he has issues with large groups or crowds of people like at stores but he's also the biggest weapons nut I've ever met in my life. He can't tell you whether or not there's fluid in the drive shaft of a properly maintained vehicle, but he can tell you the muzzle velocity of a .50 cal before you even have time to blink, I think it just depends on the type of person they are.

Oh and he's pretty good at painting my toenails but that's because I was pregnant with twins LOL
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Zoeyis not ironing so much anymore because of the new utes but yeah they do their own laundry, albeit some only know that you put the clothes and soap in the machine and turn it on LOL
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• mine too. He likes baseball but isn't a huge follower. Other than that he actually likes going shopping with me and helping me pick outfits and pointing out whats good or bad about my choices. He actually has some good taste and helps me out alot. Plus he helps around the house alot, cleans, cooks, plays with the kids.... and very "unmanly" lol... he's a cat-person...not a dog lover.. Not that he dislikes dogs, he just seems to really like small furry animals and is very affectionate. He actually likes to talk and communicate and realtes well with women far better than men, esp those stereotype guys. He can't relate to "typical male behavior" most of the time.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Not really. As far as i know all the men in my life are super dudely.

A guy i work with puts gel in his hair, which i think is kind of girly, but that's about it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I taught my hubby how to crochet. He doesn't do it as often anymore but he does help me complete some projects. He doesn't care what other people think though.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010